The explosive growth of the social games market with 300 million active users per month on Facebook alone has put this domain on the radar of online casino operators such as https://lbpa-france.com/ interested in this trend.
Social media: Platform for iGaming
Facebook is considered to be one of the very first popular social casino games ever and paved the way for many other companies that followed shortly afterward.
- Zynga is still one of the big names when it comes to social casinos. It has moved away from the pure poker offer and now also offers new apps for slot machine games.
- Slotomania is another social casino business that allows players to play on the slot machines for free and is estimated to have over 5 million active users per month.
- Big Fish Casino and DoubleDown Casino are probably the finest all-round casinos run on social media, providing both slots and card games and other casino favorites.
- In addition, established online casino brands such as PartyCasino also successfully integrate the social aspect via tournaments, live dealer tables, competitions, and the presence on social media.
- Live social casinos are broadcast to YouTube via streaming and have had great success in the social casino industry.
The gaming industry’s big bet on social casino
The global gaming market continues to grow at a considerable pace, but a few subgroups will develop compared to others. Social gaming is one of these subsets, along with social casinos as part of the social gaming subset itself.
It is clear from the evidence that there are several fundamental differences between gambling and social casino games. This is due to the game mechanics used by social casino operators, all the way to the motivation of players to engage in social casino games on a regular basis. The complete absence of risk also separates the social casino market from the corresponding real money casinos and all forms of gambling. And while in-app purchases are an option for gamers, another key feature is that they are neither a strict necessity nor guarantee success in the game.
Social casinos in particular protect against gambling for players who can be influenced by their lack of payment options, the lack of risks, and the presence of external devices that deprive the operator of the opportunity to influence the outcome of a game.